Please call us for a no obligation telephone discussion about your Compromise Agreement.
We can help with the following questions:
- What is a Compromise Agreement?
- What is the next step with my Compromise Agreement?
- Is the settlement proposal the right package for me?
- Should I sign the Compromise Agreement?
- Can we negotiate the terms or offer for you?
- What happens if I choose not to sign the Compromise Agreement?
- Can you advise on the tax clause in the Compromise Agreement?
- Is my employer going to cover my legal fees?
- Is the reference in the Compromise Agreement adequate?
- Do you operate nationwide?
We answer all of the above questions and more so please call today for advice and assistance.
WHAT IS A COMPROMISE AGREEMENT?
A Compromise Agreement is a very powerful contract between employers and employees (or former employees). They restrict future legal action, Employment Tribunal or Court remedies. You must obtain independent legal advice prior to signing the Compromise Agreement.
We will review and advise on the entire document so you are sure you understand the terms prior to signing.
WHY INSTRUCT US?
Bennett’s Legal specialise in negotiating Compromise Agreements and advising clients on the best course of action for their specific circumstances. We provide tailored advice in a timely manner. We are experts operating nationwide and advise daily on Compromise Agreements.
We are an award winning boutique employment law firm. The positive client experience is shown by our ISO 9001 accreditation and we have won ‘Small Law Firm of the Year’ in 2011 and 2012 at the Corporate International Global Awards.
- Ensure that our client’s are comfortable with the terms and settlement offer
- Provide clear and effective advice in plain English
- Help and support our clients in an approachable way
- Ensure that the process is smooth and stress free from start to finish
- Explain the fees at the outset
- Protect your best interests at all times
You can contact us for a FREE NO OBLIGATION DISCUSSION about your Compromise Agreement. We always inform you about any fees you may incur before any charges are made.
Your employer will usually pay for or contribute towards your legal fees – we will confirm this once we have reviewed the agreement and where necessary, we will negotiate our legal fees with your employer where the figure is too low or unreasonable.
When you will be required to contribute to legal fees:
1. If your employers declines to pay a contribution towards your legal costs (this is rare and can usually be negotiated with the employer);
2. If we agree to negotiate heavily on your behalf in order to alter the terms or increase the settlement offer. Depending on the employer’s contribution to your legal fee, we may need to charge you for any additional work where there is a benefit to you i.e. the offer is increased, a better reference is secured etc. We will discuss this with you at the outset of the instruction. Typically our fees in this scenario are between £250 – £750 plus VAT.
Call us on 0800 644 0253 or 0208 114 0380 today for a no obligation discussion or complete the form below and we will be in touch shortly.
We are happy to discuss your options and advise on your Compromise Agreement. We usually provide advice on the same day if you have a copy of the Compromise Agreement already.